I am presently supporting one of our clients, a company specializing in North American transportation operations. Situated in downtown Montreal, this company is seeking a Director of Road Transportation.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Road Transportation is tasked with overseeing the company's road operations in North America, including all movements to and from the Montreal port terminal. They will also be responsible for 3PL operations.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Supervising the dispatch department staff.
- Ensuring compliance of carriers and transporters with applicable transportation regulations.
- Delivering quality and efficient service to both external and internal customers.
- Identifying process improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
- Maximizing profitability for each shipment.
- Controlling operating costs and negotiating/approving additional costs.
- Developing and implementing cutting-edge processes and systems for safe and efficient service and cost management.
- Optimizing human and material resources at all times.
- Managing oversized road movements and special projects when required.
- Working closely with the 3PL department.
- Maintaining close relationships with all departments.
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures in alignment with systems; monitoring established procedures in the AS-400 system and ensuring data adequacy.
- Performing any other related tasks as required.
- College diploma in logistics and/or operations or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in road transport management.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in personnel management.
- Experience with temperature-controlled transport is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills (knowledge of AS400 considered a plus).
- Bilingualism (French and English) both orally and in writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding abilities in priority management, planning, and work organization.
- Strong leadership skills and commitment to quality management.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Solid management skills.
PROCESS AFTER YOU APPLY:
First interview with me - Joy, recruitment consultant at Fed Supply. Then, one or two interviews with the client.