We are looking for our client for a Distribution Center Manager, Assembly.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Distribution Center, the Manager, Assembly will plan and organize the daily operations of the assembly department, optimize resources and process execution.
Analyze department operations, define priorities and allocate the team according to operational needs;
Evaluate and ensure the operational productivity of the assembly and participate in performance management.
Analyze reports related to his department and take action;
Analyze performance indicators and adjust the department's strategy to maximize productivity;
Monitor the progress of the costs of resources and committed projects, analyze variances, carry out corrective measures to optimize committed budgets.
Ensure the standardization of procedures and work methods on all shifts;
Define and communicate overall performance objectives to the assembly management team;
Ensure the execution of active supervision rounds;
Communicate and educate the department's management team on OHS standards and the procedures to follow in the event of a work accident;
Ensure that the team works in a safe environment and respects OHS standards;
Ensure that material resources are used optimally;
Ensure the accuracy and quality of assembly of the pallets produced
Anticipate difficulties related to seasonality or process changes, and adapt the resources of his department as needed;
Analyze and make recommendations related to the work environment and the equipment used by the team;
Lead the identification and implementation of continuous improvement projects in the department;
Liaise with managers of other departments and support services (continuous improvement, projects, IT) to support actions/projects involving his department.
Develop a strategy plan to improve the various performance areas for the
assembly department (Productivity, OHS, Quality, Environment, Working climate).
• Bachelor's degree in administration, supply chain, operations management, or a
equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position;
• Proven track record in implementing and managing growth in operations;
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and develop a team;
• Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time;
• Good knowledge of the Office suite, particularly Excel; Word and Outlook
• Good communication skills;
• Analytical capacity, organization and great attention to detail;
• Ability to work in a dynamic and high-volume environment;
• Bilingualism (French and English).