One of our clients is an international lighting manufacturer and distributor.
Located in the West Island of Montreal, they are looking for a supply chain coordinator who will be responsible for purchasing, logistics and transportation.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, here are the aspects and responsibilities of the role:
• Prepare and process purchase requests as well as purchase orders for the supply of business processes related to customers (sales) or for internal use (sampling).
• Order status tracking from order acknowledgment to on-time delivery.
• Supervises delivery times and contacts the supplier in case of delay.
• Maintain contact with suppliers (provide information, answer questions).
• Analyze transportation and distribution systems and procedures to ensure efficient and economical delivery.
• Requests for non-standard transport prices, analyze and select the best offer.
• Organization of transport from the local warehouse to the end customer and responsibility for the preparation of the necessary documents (customs documents, pro forma invoices for the import of goods).
• Verify and approve transport invoicing.
3. Inventory control and warehouse management (including AX accounting system)
• Communication with the warehouse regarding incoming and outgoing goods, planned transports or customer returns.
• Supervise the preparation of the goods for transport (packaging, measuring and weighing) and send this information to the transport company or the customer.
• Prepare all documentation related to incoming and outgoing goods (work orders, delivery notes, shipping labels, etc.).
• Verification of goods (quantity and quality) after receipt and receipt of stocks in the AX accounting system.
• Checking the accuracy of warehouse operations
• Prepare annual inventory, perform physical inventories and reconcile results with inventory records. Report results to appropriate responsible party
• Bilingual French and English – spoken and written
• Knowledge of the AX accounting system
• 5 years of experience in the same type of position
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of working methods, techniques and processes
• Customer-focused attitude
• Team spirit